Sunday, July 22, 2012

Personal Goals for July


Are you a goal-setter?
 
Yeah, I know the year's half over and the month is nearly gone, but I have been thinking a lot about goals lately and want to set some for myself. 

I tend to be the person who makes lofty goals but never follows through with them because, well, my goals are generally unrealistic, unclear, or not broken down into manageable parts. So, I have decided to start small, take baby steps if you will, to set some personal goals that I think will help me to feel better about myself and keep my focus from being solely on my kids, something I really struggle with.

So, here are my goals for the remainder of July:

Personal Goals for July

(1) Start Couch to 5K. I have been curious about this workout program for some time, and while I do not particularly like to run, I really want to get into better shape and shed some of this unwanted baby weight. I love how energized I feel after walking and running for only 20 minutes three days a week, so I'm excited to see what happens when I'm exercising even harder. I am currently on Week 2 of the Couch to 5K program

(2) Read for 1 hour every day. I usually read my Bible for a few minutes in the morning before (or when) the kids are up and then read for about 20-30 minutes before bed. However, lately, I've slacked in my reading, spending way too much time on the computer. My more specific goal is to split my time between reading my Bible for 30 minutes and recreational books for 30 minutes. 

Currently, I am reading the book of Psalms (on Psalm 4). 

The other books I am reading include Grace for the Good Girl by Emily P. Freeman (on page 200) and Bird by Bird: Some Instructions on Writing & Life by Anne Lamott (on page 16). Both are excellent books if you're looking for good reading material.

(3) Write for 30-45 minutes every day. With the "31 Days of Play" challenge, I am writing just about every day, but I really want to write more devotional type posts again as well as start a new series on my blog. Any suggestions?? Writing is my outlet for self-reflection, personal expression, and just pure enjoyment, so when I write I feel much more confident and happy.

So, those are my three goals for July. I think they're pretty realistic, clear, and manageable. Let's see how I do!

Wanna be my accountability partner?  I will report back each week to let you know how I'm doing with my goals and would love to hear how you have been doing with yours. So, feel free to link up any related posts or, if you don't blog, post a comment on your own progress.

Do you set goals for yourself? If so, what do you do to help you accomplish them?

Blessings to you,

 Keri

For comments or questions, contact me at: growinginhisglory@gmail.com

Find Growing in His Glory on Facebook.

I would love to see more of you!  If you are encouraged by what you read here and would like to have posts from Growing in His Glory delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here.  Or you can subscribe in a reader of your choice in the right sidebar.
 

This post may be linked to:

No comments:

Post a Comment