Saturday, June 29, 2013

My Favorite Ways to Follow My Favorite Blogs. . .




Do you know what happens on July 1?

I'm sure you've heard the news already, but Google Reader is going the way of the dinosaur.


What does that mean? 

Well, if you're following Growing in His Glory or any other blogs on Google Reader, then you will no longer know when those blogs have new posts--translation: no more updates to your favorite blogs!

So, what should you do if you want to keep in touch with Growing in His Glory & your other favorite blogs?

Here are my recommendations:


1. If you really like a blog, then subscribe via email. 

Just by entering your email address in the box provided (see image below for example), you will begin receiving all the new posts from your favorite blogs. That means that every time the blog has a new post, that new post will be sent directly to your inbox. 

Then, you can read the latest updates and posts whenever it's most convenient for you. This is my preferred way to subscribe to my favorite blogs. Don't worry; your email will never be used for anything other than sending you the latest posts!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


2. Follow your favorite blogs on Facebook

Most blogs--myself included--have Facebook pages where the blogs post their latest posts. Also, on Facebook, you can learn more about and connect with bloggers. I like to post random pictures of my kids, share links to posts I'm liking, and share my struggles in hopes YOU might have a solution (and you guys have some great advice!). 

To follow me on Facebook, click here.




3. Subscribe via Bloglovin', Feedly, or other Reader.

There are lots of reader options. I have chosen Bloglovin' for this blog because it seemed more user-friendly to me. To import all your feeds (all those favorite blogs you currently read on Google Reader), you simply create an account. It takes a minute tops to subscribe and then all your favorite blogs will be imported from Google Reader to Bloglovin'. That means, just like on Google Reader, you can go to Bloglovin' and read the latest posts any time you want. Plus, there's even a mobile app!

You can also group your favorite blogs by category on Bloglovin' (love that!):



To follow my page on Bloglovin' click here or the box below. 

Follow on Bloglovin


 4. Other ways to follow blogs: Twitter, Pinterest, & Google+

Not every blog has all these social media options, but if you like using Pinterest, then it might behoove you to follow your favorite blogs (or some of their boards). Or if you like Twitter, then follow your favorite blogs there. 

You can also follow me on . . . 

Twitter

 
Pinterest


               Google+


You can click on the icons or links above, or "Connect with Me" on the right sidebar at the top of the page.


There are many ways to follow your favorite blogs. These are just my personal favorites. 


I hope you will continue to follow Growing in His Glory. 

How do you like to follow your favorite blogs?




Linking up to these lovely parties.

If you would like to have posts delivered to your inbox, click: Growing in His Glory. Or join us on Google Friend ConnectFacebookTwitter, & Pinterest.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment