Monday, December 12, 2011

Booking It in 2012

 

Are you an avid reader?  Do you have multiple books on your nightstand, or do you stick with one book at a time?  Are you a spontaneous reader, that is, do you enjoy the freedom of reading whatever strikes your fancy, or do you have a list of books you plan to read over the span of your lifetime?  Perhaps you are--like me--a combination.

Earlier this week, one of my favorite bloggers--Jessica from Life as Mom--posted her list of books for "Booking It in 2012."  Essentially, "Booking It" is an online book club with a designated book to read for each month of the year.  On the 12th of each month, Jessica will post a linkup widget on her website to which you can link your own posts on what you are reading, or, if you don't have a blog, you can leave a comment and/or read others' comments and linkups.  The goal of "Booking It" is to READ, and that is a very worthy goal to me, which is why I intend to participate in my own way.  Let me emphasize that you DO NOT have to read the books on the list in order to enter the discussion; they are merely suggestions.  However, if you are looking for ideas for a new book to read, check in on the 12th of each month for some great suggestions.


I must admit in years past that I have not read many of the books on Jessica's lists simply because (1) if I can't find it at the library or don't have it already on my bookshelf, I don't want to fork over the money to buy a book I might not like, and (2) I am a literary snob and generally prefer not to read contemporary fiction.  However, she does include a nice mix of fiction and non-fiction, classics and new releases, Christian and secular readings, so I recommend checking out her list if you are interested in participating and/or need some good recommendations for your own personal reading list.

I plan to "Book It in 2012" but with a more relaxed reading schedule and with my own reading list.  I have some specific books in mind that I am eager to dive into in the new year, covering a range of interests from Homemaking to Classics, Christian Living to History, Education to Parenting.

At present, I am putting together my own reading list for "Booking It in 2012" and would LOVE your suggestions.  What books do you plan to read in 2012?  Are there any books you've read recently that you would recommend?


Blessings to you and your family!
Keri



No comments:

Post a Comment