Saturday, February 4, 2012

Menu Plan for the Weeks of February 5 & 12

Last week concluded our January Pantry Challenge, and I must admit that I'm glad.  While I enjoy cleaning out the food in our freezer and pantry, I am not a creative cook and tend to stick to the recipe.  So when I don't have an ingredient I need, I'm not so good at improvising.  Instead, I just chuck it and find something else to fix. However, we did eat up a good bit of food that we'd had for quite a while and saved money at the grocery store, and I did devise a great new resource that has been very helpful in menu planning: the freezer, refrigerator, and pantry inventories.  So, I did meet my goals, and that makes me muy contenta.

I have decided that I will continue to menu plan biweekly.  It's time consuming up front to flip through cookbooks and databases of recipes for so many meal ideas, but when the second week rolls around, I feel such relief that I don't have to worry about what to fix this week. 

Here's what we'll be eating these next two weeks.  Most of the recipes are from two of my favorite cookbooks:  


The Whole Foods Market Cookbook




The Big Book of Potluck





Sunday, Feb. 5: Shepherd's Pie (recipe to come courtesy of my dear husband)

Monday, Feb. 6: Barbecue chicken with homemade BBQ sauce, steamed broccoli, roasted potatoes, and baked beans


Tuesday, Feb. 7: Tortilla pie with refried beans and guacamole

Wednesday, Feb. 8: White beans with ham and corn muffins

Thursday, Feb. 9: Meatballs in herbed tomato sauce with pasta and salad 

Friday, Feb. 10: Pizza Night!

Saturday, Feb. 11: Meatball subs, chips, and fruit

Sunday, Feb. 12: Leftovers

Monday, Feb. 13: Beef enchiladas with lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado

VALENTINE'S DAY: Chicken Parmesan with homemade spaghetti sauce, salad, rolls, and flourless chocolate cake

Wednesday, Feb. 15: White bean tortilla soup

Thursday, Feb. 16: Club chicken with brown rice and spinach-strawberry salad


Friday, Feb. 17: Pizza Night!

Saturday, Feb. 18: Leftovers



What's on your menu?
Praying God's richest blessings on you as you grow in His glory!

 Keri
For comments or questions, contact me at: growinginhisglory@gmail.com

Find Growing in His Glory on Facebook.

I would love to see more of you!  If you are encouraged by what you read here and would like to have posts from Growing in His Glory delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here.  Or you can subscribe in a reader of your choice in the right sidebar.


                         

No comments:

Post a Comment