Sunday, August 12, 2012

Menu Plan for the Week of August 12


This week marks the beginning of a return to routine around here as the older girls begin Mother's Day Out two days a week and Kate resumes her weekly ballet class. While I have enjoyed our relaxed, easy-going summer, the firstborn in me is thrilled to have a return to normalcy. And I freely admit that I am looking forward to some time to tackle a few projects around the house.

One such project is trying out new whole foods recipes. We have been slowly minimizing our meat consumption from one meatless meal a week to two and sometimes even three a week. While there's nothing wrong with eating beef, chicken, or pork, I am trying to buy only organic meats, which are pricey and rarely on sale. So, we are eating more fish, beans, and whole grains like whole wheat pasta and brown rice as our protein source, and when I can find a good deal on organic meats, I am stocking up. We are so grateful for the grassfed beef my parents have provided us with; it has been a wonderful (and delicious) blessing!

That being said, here is what is on our menu for this week:

Sunday: Leftovers from Saturday's birthday supper

Monday: Lentil Tacos with lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, & avocado slices

Tuesday: Sweet, Spicy, Sticky Chicken Thighs with brown rice & teriyaki vegetables

Wednesday: Baked Penne with Sun-Dried Tomatoes & Garden Salad with Rose's Vinaigrette

Thursday: Oven Fried Fish with Summer Veggies Brown Rice Risotto & Roasted Carrots with Honey

Friday: Pizza night!

Saturday: Sonoma Chicken Salad with chips & fruit

For all of these recipes and more, check out my Menu Plan board on Pinterest and follow me!

Keri

For comments or questions, contact me at: growinginhisglory@gmail.com

Find Growing in His Glory on Facebook.

I would love to see more of you!  If you are encouraged by what you read here and would like to have posts from Growing in His Glory delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here.  Or you can subscribe in a reader of your choice in the right sidebar.


This post may be linked to:



No comments:

Post a Comment