Thursday, April 25, 2013

Pinterest Help for the Avid Pinner


When I declared in January that one of my 2013 goals was to try out one new Pinterest pin per month, I knew that wouldn't last long. Well, I was right. It's the end of April, and I've only posted twice about my experiences:





 
However, I HAVE been experimenting and want to share with you a new board full of recipes that I have pinned and tried. I thought it would be helpful for people who follow me on Pinterest to know what I've actually tried and my opinions on them. So, I'm starting with recipes.

The "Pinned Recipes I've Tried" board contains every recipe I have pinned and tried. Right now, I have 48 pins here, but as I experiment, I will add to the board.

 
I have also provided a brief commentary for you, sharing my thoughts about the recipe--whether we liked it or not. Some of these recipes--like the Pioneer Woman's pizza dough, mashed potatoes, & beef stew--are now my go-to recipes that I use regularly. 

I wanted to share this information with you because Pinterest is so overwhelming. There is so much on there but not all of the recipes are good: some are too labor-intensive, some aren't flavorful, and some are just downright yuck. 

Personally, before I commit time, energy, and ingredients to a recipe, I want to know what other people have to say about it. If my kids won't eat it, then I won't fix it. It's just a waste.

So, as I make the recipes I've pinned, I will add them to my "Pinned Recipes I've Tried" board for your viewing pleasure.

And as I complete projects, crafts, books, etc., I will set up similar boards with {hopefully} helpful comments for you. In so doing, I feel good about sticking to my goal and doing something useful with the pins I've tried.

I hope this is helpful for you!

My latest pin pick:





It was a success! Not for the dieter, diabetic, or heart-conscious but delicious! It's like eating a big cinnamon roll :)

Follow all my boards on Pinterest!

What about you? Do you have a way to keep track of the pins you've tried on Pinterest? Is this even of interest to you? 

Blessings to you,


Linking up to these great parties!

If you would like to have Growing in His Glory delivered to your inbox, click here: Subscribe to Growing in His Glory. Or join us on Google Friend ConnectFacebookTwitter, & Pinterest.

 

2 comments:

  1. I do the same thing! I keep a board called "Accomplished" where I write notes about the pins I tried. It feels good to actually accomplish some things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alyssa, I agree. I like your title "Accomplished". It just sounds so ... successful. Maybe I will title my other boards "Accomplished" :)

    ReplyDelete