Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Slowing Down: What the Weary Do When They Finally Reach Their Limit

Hour Glass

Life has been hectic lately. I haven't had much time to blog. I've read very little in terms of books. My to-do list never seems to get done, and my email inbox is maxed out.

I feel like I'm always rushing from one thing to another, and in the process, my kids are getting the worst of me. We're always late somewhere, and I'm usually yelling at someone for causing our tardiness.

Our oldest, Kate, has already commented several times lately that she doesn't want to do ballet or play any sports this fall because she is tired and wants to stay home. When the always-on-the-go child says that, you know everyone needs a break.

For those reasons (and more), I want to slow down. I am looking forward to the summer when we have no commitments, no pressures on us to be on time and fully clothed, no practices or anything we have to do. I'm anticipating time to unwind, play in the kiddie pool, stay home, and slow down. And I'm thinking about plans for the fall and ways we can continue the slow, stay-at-home approach even then (unless we need a shift back the other way).

In the meantime, I'm trying to prioritize better right now, find a more equitable balance, and relax a little more with my husband and kids. If I'm not blogging a lot, then you know I don't have anything worthy to report. Instead, I'm baking, reading, planning, or playing. 

Bear with me during this season. The Lord is good. I am only following His lead.

I hope you will take time today to "taste and see that Lord is good..." (Psalm 34:8).

Blessings to you,


No comments:

Post a Comment