Monday, November 4, 2013

10 American Classics You Really Shouldn't Miss



Today I'm guest posting for Jessica at Quirky Bookworm, one of my favorite blogs for bibliophiles, about my 10 favorite American classics.

Here's a snippet:
Hi, I’m Keri from Growing in His Glory, and I’m honored to be guest posting today. Before I had children, I was a doctoral student in literature, and, needless to say, I read a lot of books, some that I would recommend to any and everyone I could, others I wondered why I’d wasted my time on them.

That being said, there are some amazing American literary works out there that beg to be devoured, and while I love a thrilling detective novel myself, the classics are classic for a reason and they deserve our attention.

In this post, I will share with you my top 10 favorite American classics. My hope is that you will expand your literary horizons and give at least one of these books a chance. You just might find a new favorite author!

Come by and check out my post to find out my favorites and share yours!!

Blessings to you,




Linking up to these lovely parties.

If you would like to have posts delivered to your inbox, click: Growing in His Glory. Or join us on Google Friend ConnectFacebookTwitter, & Pinterest.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin


5 comments:

  1. I have not read a single one, but want to expand my reading of the classics. I have already been thinking of reading Moby Dick...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salena, Moby Dick is amazing but very long. I would encourage you to start with Of Mice & Men. It's short but so poignant. I cry every time. Thank you for commenting :)

      Delete
  2. Great choices! I like how you set up the contrast between The Awakening and The Age of Innocence.
    Makes me want to re-read both of them back to back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh...me, too, Frances. It's been awhile since I've read those books, but I think both have such intriguing female protagonists.

      Delete
  3. Thanks again for the guest post Keri! Perhaps I will actually read some classics next year-- and I'll start with some from your list! :)

    ReplyDelete