Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful Thursdays: 4th & Final Week + an Announcement

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone, and welcome to the final week of Thankful Thursdays. I'm joining Gabby of Mama Gab and Caroline of Anchored in His Grace to share how the Lord has blessed us each week. It's about being conscious of the gifts our Heavenly Father gives us and thanking Him for His goodness and love. Feel free to share in the comments how God has blessed you lately.


7 {More} Things I'm Thankful for This Week

Let's keep counting . . .  

22
After our 10K in October
Sweet friendships. While I have a lot of friends, I do not have many close friends--the kind where you don't worry about the mess in your house because you know your friend isn't judging you. My friend Sarah is that type of friend. She inspires me to be a more patient mom as I watch how gentle she is with her little ones. Her homemaking binder totally motivated me to create my own. Her little boys play so well with my little girls, and we both have toddlers named Anna Elizabeth {born before we even knew each other :)}. I'm so thankful for our friendship.

23
Breakfast at IHOP. When Daddy suggests breakfast (lunch, dinner, lupper, linner, even a snack) out, Mama is happy to oblige :) Thankful that we have the means to eat out every now and then as a family.

24
Our church family. I think I list this blessing every week, but what is more wonderful than worshiping our God with other people with the same faith and hope. I am encouraged every week to put my trust in Him, even when fears assail me on all sides. The precious people at our church dote on our girls and never make us feel like their boisterousness is a nuisance, although I know it must be.

25
A wonderful doctor's report! Two years ago my endocrinologist wanted to remove my thyroid because of a nodule he thought was cancerous. After an inconclusive biopsy, my gut instinct, and a second opinion I declined surgery, and praise the Lord I did! This week I found out there are NO nodules on my thyroid and NO risk of cancer! I'm still taking Syntheroid daily, but I'm so grateful for that peace of mind.
 
26

Membership to our local children's museum. That was the best $75 we ever spent! Thank you, Lord, that we had the money to cover it. The Discovery Center offers preschool classes three days a week plus afternoon exhibits and activities that are free for members. Plus, the museum is filled with fun, educational things to do. My kids LOVE going here, and it certainly helps that our dear friends, the Swaffords, also have a membership.

27
Answered prayers. I went today to see the surgeon about the growth on my breast. The doctor thinks the place is almost definitely benign. I can't tell you what a relief that news was. I will have a biopsy in December just to make sure.
 
28 
Family & Friends. Last night we had dinner with my husband's mom's family and some of their friends. Today, we're having lunch with my husband's dad's family, and Friday, we're headed to my parents' for dinner with my mom's family. Time with loved ones is so rare these days, but I'm thankful for what little time we have together.  

What about you? How has the Lord blessed YOU this week?

Feel free to share a link or comment in the comment section below.  


An Announcement!

  
Beginning next Thursday and for the duration of December, I will be starting a series on "Unique Christmas Gifts for Children."  

I'll be sharing some fun, inexpensive, and memorable gift ideas that will, I hope, expand your search for the elusive "perfect gift" beyond the hottest toys at Toys-R-Us. I hope you'll join me!

 Blessings to you,




Linking up to these lovely parties.

If you would like to have posts delivered to your inbox, click: Growing in His Glory. Or join us on Google Friend ConnectFacebookTwitter, & Pinterest.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin
 

5 comments:

  1. This warmed my heart to read Keri. What wonderful medical reports! Looking forward to your new series. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Tauna. I hope your little ones are feeling better and that you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! What a fabulous post to finish my day reading. Love all that you are thankful for. Glad you had two good doctor reports. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Thanksgiving to you, too! Thanks for the encouragement. I feel so blessed this year. I could not have asked for a better Thanksgiving gift than those two medical reports!

      Delete
  3. Thrilled for you, Keri! Rejoicing for you in your good news from the doctor!!!

    I know what you mean about close friends - they are such a rare treasure! :) and about membership to the local children's museums! We're hoping to get a family membership for Christmas because my girls love it there.

    My biggest blessing this week came in the form of getting bad news from the doctor about my oldest daughter...after a dry spiritual season, He drew me right back to Himself again and this time I went running.

    Looking forward to the new series. :)
    ~Lisha

    ReplyDelete