Monday, November 28, 2011

Menu Plan for the Week of November 27th

I have been back on the weekly meal planning wagon for about a month now.  The morning sickness officially subsided about two months ago, but I thought I would wing it for a few weeks to see how things went.  And what did I discover?  Frustration, anxiety, and a budget crisis.  When I didn't menu plan, I found that every day was a challenge to decide on what to eat: I even resorted to asking the three-year-old what she wanted for supper.  We can't eat spaghetti or pizza every night, can we?

So, here's what we plan to eat this week. 
                                 
Sunday: Shepherd's Pie (from the freezer) for lunch
              Turkey Reuben Sandwiches for supper
  
Monday: Spinach Lasagna (from Disney's Family Cookbook: My mom had this cookbook growing up, and I found it at local used bookstore this weekend.  I love the recipes in it: very kid-friendly!), Steamed Broccoli, and Garlic Bread

Tuesday: Emeril's Healthy Sweet & Sour Shrimp with Fried Rice

Wednesday: Chef's Salad with Turkey & Hard-Boiled Eggs

Thursday: Burritos with Ground Chicken, Fresh Salsa & Guacamole

Friday: Pizza Night!! (Recipe for Pizza Crust forthcoming)

Saturday: Leftovers/ Family Christmas party

What are you having this week for supper?


Keri

No comments:

Post a Comment