Friday, February 22, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up #2


I haven't done a weekly wrap-up in weeks, but we've been sick and busy and I haven't had the motivation. But this morning I was up at 5 with a hungry baby, so I figured I'd stay up and write :)

Here's what I've been up to this week:


What I'm Reading



I finally started Emily Bronte's Wuthering Heights this week, and now I know why I haven't read it before: It's dull. But I'm trucking on because I really want to read more of the classics, and I'm participating in Quirky Bookworm's Classics Catch-up Challenge.

I've also started reading Sheila Wray Gregoire's The Good Girl's Guide to Great Sex. Now before you shutter in revulsion, hear me out: This is a biblically-based book on the topic and it's full of humor, wisdom, and wit. I'll give a full book review afterwards if you're interested.}



What I'm Writing














This past week I started a mini-series on why we go to church:

What's Inspiring Me


Source: jonacuff.com via Keri on Pinterest


These are some posts that have made me stop and think this week. I strongly encourage you to read them:

"Who Should Determine the Size of a Family?" - Bambi @ In the Nursery of the Nation (This post is challenging on so many levels yet sound in Scripture and beautifully articulated and reasoned.)

"Because Sometimes Words Need to be Buried Under Cow Poop" - Melanie @ Only a Breath (Don't we all ache when our kids hurt? Why? Because we've experienced the pain ourselves, and sometimes we're still hanging onto it.)

"Your Dream is Weird." - Jon Acuff @ Jon Acuff.com ("You will never influence the world by trying to be like it." Good stuff that challenges us to pursue our dreams no matter how weird they may seem to others.)

What I've Been Doing {My Goals}




  • Trying to find a preschool for my girls for next year

  • Taking children to the doctor (fun fun)

  • Researching birds and activities to do with the girls (I love this post--"Learning about Birds: Six Activities for Young Children"--from Spell Outloud.)

  • Some dreaming about the future of my blog and the possibility of launching something new {Please pray for me in this. I really need wisdom & clarity.}

  • Some running {The 5K is 4 weeks away!}

  • Some reading {See above}

  • What have you been doing this week?

    Praying God's blessings on you this weekend,


    2 comments:

    1. Wuthering Heights is well-written, but you're right - DULL! I haven't read it since college, but I couldn't see the point in the whole story. Good for you for sticking with it. I hate to quit in the middle of a book. Have a great weekend, Keri!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Busy mama! Sounds like you have some great things going on this week. :)

      ReplyDelete