Sunday, February 10, 2013

Wives, Have You Asked Your Husbands What He Wants for Valentine's Day?

LOVE
Photo Credit: kewl

This week is the week! Valentine's Day is this Thursday! 

Do you know what your husband wants? Have you asked him?

Chances are, if you're anything like me, you've bought gifts for the kids (or at least know what you plan to buy): a cutesy stuffed animal, some chocolate hearts, a fun toy. Children are fun to buy for, and it doesn't require a whole lot of thought to find something they will love.

But the hubs? That's a different matter all together.

Maybe you haven't even thought about what to get your man either. 


This week Courtney at Women Living Well challenges us wives to ASK our husbands what they want for Valentine's Day.

Sounds like a no-brainer, huh? But until yesterday, I hadn't done it.

Why?

Because I know what he wants, and it isn't candy or a new shirt or a fancy meal. He could care less for any gift I could buy him or any food I might spend hours making. His love language is physical touch. Need I say more, ladies?

However, in keeping with the challenge, I posed the question.

His response?

"First, I want to be with all my girls, and hug and kiss and love on them."

"Then, I want some special time alone with my wife." {This remark was edited just a smidge.}

My response to him?

"Honey, I think we can do that." 

Have you asked your husband what he wants for Valentine's Day? 


Do you already sorta know the answer? 

If so, how can you prepare yourself if it might require some sacrifice on your part?

{I'm rejoining the "Be My Valentine Marriage Challenge" this the 4th & final week. Join us for other great ideas!}

 

Prior posts you might be interested in:
-"7 Ways to Edify Our Husbands + 3 Words of Caution" 
-"A Fun Way to Show Him You Love Him: Create a Love Letter Scavenger Hunt" 
-"10 Sweet Ways to Love on Your Sweetheart" 
-"Growing in Love for Our Husbands: Captivating Him with Our Love" 

 
If you would like to have Growing in His Glory delivered to your inbox, click here: Subscribe to Growing in His Glory. Or join us on Google Friend Connect, Facebook, Twitter, & Pinterest.
 
Linking up with:  The Better Mom, Raising Arrows, Mama Moments Monday, The Modest Mom, Time-Warp Wife, Teach Me Tuesdays, Titus 2 Tuesdays, Top 10 Tuesday, Leaving a Legacy, Women Living Well WednesdaysRaising Homemakers, Raising Mighty Arrows


9 comments:

  1. My hubby had the same type of answer, so we'll be going to play mini golf with our girls and having lunch as a family, then dinner and "special alone time" for us too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like fun, Del. Thanks for commenting.

      Happy Valentine's Day to you & your honey!

      Keri

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic, to the point post. I think women sometimes feel that we are to be on the receiving end of Valentine's Day. Personally, I love to spoil my man at every opportunity. Thanks for the reminder to ask though, like you, I already know what he wants. ;)

    Your writing is great and I will be back! I found you on The Better Mom Link Up. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, upgradual. I agree. Women are usually the focus of Valentine's Day: the flowers and candy and all that. Good for you for spoiling your man when you can! I need to do that more. I'm good at spoiling the kids but he's so thrifty that I feel like I'm doing him more of a favor by NOT spending money on him.

      Thank you for your encouraging words. I appreciate it.

      Delete
  3. this is so great! thank you! ANd so funny that I haven't even THOUGHT to ask him! lol :D I am totally going to though, and hope to be a blessing to him this year <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christine, don't feel bad. I hadn't either until the challenge "forced" me to. Best wishes to you.

      Delete
  4. A good reminder... Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome, Jenni. I needed the reminder myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't have to ask: he hates gifts. He'll say "nothing." But he does enjoy it when I do special things for him and fix his favorite foods. So we will be having chicken fried steak for supper.

    ReplyDelete