Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Growing in Love for Our Husbands {A New Series on How to Love Our Spouses According to God's Word}

The Arnolfini Wedding Portrait by Jan van Eyck

Yesterday, I alluded to a new series I will be starting next week on how to love and nurture our husbands, a topic that I chose because of my own need and desire to grow in love for my husband.

Beginning next Monday (8/15), I will be sharing posts on:
  • What the Bible says about how we as wives are to honor our husbands; and
  • What our husbands say they want from us.
We will look specifically at the following:
  1. Submitting to our husband's authority within the home {what that means & how we do it}
  2. Submitting our bodies {what that means & why we should do it even when we don't want to :)}
  3. Respecting our husbands {what that means & how it looks}
  4. Being wives "of noble character" {what that means & how we do it}
  5. Intentional ways we can honor our own husbands {what he says he wants from us}
Of course, the Bible will be my go-to source for this series, but I will also be looking at Kevin Leman's Have a New Husband by Friday and Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs as well as a few other resources I have on hand. What books do you recommend?

As we study God's Word and communicate with our spouses, I pray we will grow in love for our husbands, that our marriages will be blessed, and that God will be glorified.

I hope you will come back each week and share your responses to my posts.

Until next week, when we look at what it means to "be subject to" our husbands (Ephesians 5:22), God's richest blessings to you!



7 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to this series! This is happening at the absolute perfect time. God has truly worked on my heart as far as pride. Although I am the leader spiritually, I also humble myself as my husband's wife, plus he is just amazing in my eyes no matter what! But I do want to set the example of Christ, and live that example, in hopes that I could be a conduit for the Lord, winning my husband's heart! I am so excited to visit and share. I have Love & Respect, but not the other book you mentioned. A book that I have, which I haven't read yet is the Five Love Languages, the "showing heartfelt commitment to your spouse" version. Will be stopping by often! God bless you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have that version of the Five Love Languages, but I will have to look for it. Thanks for stopping by and for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very much looking forward to this series. Thank you so much for doing it. Will be following along! Also I have to say that all your favorite books on the side bar are mine as well. I love it!

    Tauna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tauna, for your encouragement! I look forward to feedback from wise Christian women. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I meant "Expressing Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate"! close enough right?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for this new blog I just found. I need some encouragement and some tools... Because I have the HOPE! I believe Jesus can bring Beauty out of ashes. I know that He can Heal this broken marriage all we have to do is have Faith, Pray, and Both of us (Husband and Wife) to be Willing to Listen and FOLLOW. I LOOK SO FORWARD TO READING FORWARD.
    Many Blessings to you and yours from me and mine,
    To GOG be ALL the GLORY<3

    ReplyDelete