Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Encouragement for Challenging Financial Times

 If you are a regular follower of this blog, then you know that for the past six weeks we have been looking at different ways to save money at the grocery store

My purpose in this indefinitely long series has been to stimulate you to reevaluate your spending habits and provide you with some helpful ways to stretch your dollar. 

Ultimately, though, my goal is to encourage us to be good stewards of the financial blessings the Lord has granted us.

With rising gas and food prices and increasing economic strain, I know many people right now are living from paycheck to paycheck. Many of us are struggling just to keep our kids clothed, food on the table, and roofs over our heads. That is why I want to encourage you today to remember that our God is faithful and just. 

He never promises happiness or financial security, but He does promise ALWAYS to be with us. 

"For the Lord will not forsake His people;
He will not abandon His heritage;"

Psalm 94:14


Maybe you are concerned about your family's financial situation. 

Maybe clipping coupons or putting together a price book seems inconsequential when you consider the significant debt you're in.

Maybe shopping at multiple stores, even to save money, is just not an option right now. 

Maybe planning a weekly menu is just too stressful.

Maybe using cash sounds good, but you just don't have it.

Maybe you are sinking under the weight of financial insecurity and don't know what to do or where to turn.

Go to the Lord. 

Seek Him on bended knee. 

Bring your burdens to Him.
"Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light." 

Matthew 11:30
My earnest prayer is that God will "grow" us to His glory.  If you are struggling financially today, I hope you will take the time to go to the One who is the Great Provider, our Jehovah-jireh. Only in Him will we find the peace that "surpasses all understanding" (Philippians 4:7).

May God richly bless you,
Keri

For other helpful tips for saving money at the grocery store, check out these related posts::
How to Make a Price Book
Menu Planning 
Menu Planning: The Ins & Outs
Shop at Multiple Stores
Couponing: Pros & Cons
Couponing: Where to Find Coupons
Use Cash to Save Money!


This post is linked to:









1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope you try, and enjoy, the recipe.

    ReplyDelete