Saturday, March 5, 2011

Menu Plan for the Week of March 6

I love Sundays for many reasons--worshipping God, spending time with my family, and planning our week. So, I was excited when I opened the Kroger ad and saw split breast chicken on sale for $0.99/lb. I stocked up and spent these evening while Daniel and Kate went to church (Cora HAD to go to bed) roasting and shredding chicken. I also made chicken salad for lunches for the week. I use the Sonoma Chicken Salad recipe in the Whole Foods cookbook my wonderful sister-in-law gave me. It is THE best recipe for chicken salad I have ever had. Yum!

So, here is our menu plan for the week:

Sunday: Today Daniel made us sour cream pancakes and sausage on the griddle for breakfast and for lunch buffalo chicken paninis. Yes, we like chicken.

Monday: Chicken enchiladas with black beans and pico de gallo

Tuesday: Fish and chips, coleslaw, and hushpuppies

Wednesday: Pintos and buttermilk cornbread

Thursday: Spaghetti with ground turkey, steamed broccoli, and garlic bread

Friday: Pizza Night!! (I discovered Philadelphia Cream Cheese's cooking cream with Italian herbs and garlic, which is DELICIOUS mixed with pizza sauce.)

Saturday: Leftovers

Breakfast:
French toast (freezer)
Cereal and fruit
Oatmeal and fruit
Eggs, toast, and jam

Lunch:
Chicken salad sandwiches
Soup and grilled cheese
Black bean nachos
Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment