Friday, July 1, 2011

Day 8: A Little Girl Praying

Today we didn't take the usual opportunity to "look for" or "listen for" God. I had intended to but then God appeared to me in a most unexpected way.

As I walked down to the swing set, I noticed my daughter was not behind me. Instead, she was sitting on the steps leading out of our back door.
"What are you doing?" I asked. I could see that she was whispering but couldn't tell what she was saying.

"Praying, Mama," Kate said.

"Oh," I said. I didn't know what to say really. But my heart was bubbling with pride.

"What were you praying for?" I asked.

"For Easter eggs and Gram Gram and Papa and Mops and Pops," she said. (Those are her grandparents.)

Then, she stood up and ran to the swing set: "Let's swing!
The heart-melting moment was over. But in that brief minute, I saw God in the innocence of my child.

Where have you seen God today?

No comments:

Post a Comment