Saturday, April 30, 2011

Menu Plan for the Week of May 1st

I can't believe that it's already May! Wow the year is flying by!

My mom came up this weekend so I was able to go grocery shopping today minus the kiddos. What a treat! I have decided that since our fridge, freezer and cabinets are overflowing with food, we will be having an "Eat-What-We-Have Challenge" for the month of May. I will only be buying fresh produce and dairy each week, when necessary. Otherwise, we're going to eat what we've got because, by golly, we've got a lotta food!

Here is my menu plan for this week:

Sunday: Beef tacos with refried beans and guacamole

Monday: Birthday dinner for my brother at my parents' house in Chattanooga

Tuesday: Chicken Fried Rice with Teriyaki Vegetables and Egg Rolls

Wednesday: Pan Sauteed Portabella Pasta with Roasted Garlic & Sun-Dried Tomatoes (from The Whole Foods Cookbook), salad and garlic rolls (Watch out, Dracula!)

Thursday: Chili & Cheese Baked Potatoes with steamed broccoli and mango

Friday: Pizza Night!!

Saturday: Girls' Night Out (Leftovers for Kate & Daniel)

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment