Sunday, April 10, 2011

MODIFIED Menu Plan for the Week of April 10th

MODIFICATION: So, after reading the recipe for the Goulash over Smashed Red Potatoes, I decided this did not sound very appetizing to me. I like the goulash my mom used to make: with okra and all kinds of vegetables. So, the Latina half of me opted for Beefy Bean Burritos with homemade salsa. We're still using the ground beef that defrosted in the fridge, just in a slightly different way!

Also, when Kate and I were working in the garden this morning, we discovered enough kale to fill a gallon-sized plastic bag. So, we will be having some on Wednesday with our beans. Yum!

I'm home with a sick baby this morning so decided to post our menu plan for the week. I also decided to add breakfast and lunch as well as snacks too. I'm always looking for fresh ideas, especially for lunches and snacks, so feel free to comment and let me know what you serve your kiddos throughout the day.

Breakfast

Oats with blackberries and blueberries
Cinnamon toast with oranges
Breakfast burritos
Eggs and toast
Cereal with bananas

Lunch

Ham sandwiches and fruit
Black bean and cheese quesadillas
Pizza bread and yogurt
Leftovers

Snacks

Granola bars
Yogurt
Fruits & Veggies (I'm lovin' the organic carrots at Kroger...so sweet!...Kate even eats them.)
Cheese & crackers

Dinner

Sunday: Roasted garlic chicken, potato salad, baked beans, biscuits & cantaloupe

Monday: Goulash on smashed red potatoes with sautéed zucchini

Tuesday: Bowtie pasta with chicken sausage and steamed green beans

Wednesday: Northern (white) beans with smoked sausage and corn cakes

Thursday: Chicken and dressing with roasted corn on the cob and broccoli

Friday: Pizza Night!!

Saturday: Leftovers

No comments:

Post a Comment