Friday, April 15, 2011

Our Easter Project



Creativity is NOT my strong suit. When I have to be creative, I call my mom or an elementary teacher friend for help. But thanks to the internet I don't have to look far for ideas to keep my two-year-old actively engaged in something besides picking her nose. So, when I came across this kid-friendly Easter project that involved glue sticks and multicolored tissue paper, I knew Kate would LOVE it.

All you need is a piece of cardboard, glue, tissue paper cut into different size pieces, and scissors. Simply glue the tissue paper pieces all over the cardboard. (On her site Jennwa uses a mixture of water and glue to paint over her completed cardboard, but I didn't have any regular glue.) Then, cut into whatever shapes you want. Like Jennwa, I went for the Easter egg and cross. And Kate chose to hang our finished products from our dining room chandelier. Rather pretty I think.

What I also liked about this art project was that it gave me a chance to discuss with Kate what Easter is really about: the resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment