Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 7: Another Butterfly



"Isn't it beautiful, Mama? Can we catch it?" Kate asked.

"Uhhh...I don't think we can catch it, honey. It's too fast," I said.

"Where's it goin'? To its home?" Kate queried.

"I don't know. Maybe," I said as we watched the beautiful orange, black and white butterfly from a distance.



"We have to be quiet, Mama," Kate told me. Could she tell I was new at this?

"Why do you think God made this butterfly, Kate?" I asked.

"I dunno," she shrugged.

"So we could experience its beauty and wonder, maybe? So we could know that God is a God of beauty and creativity who loves us and wants us to experience beauty, too?"

"Yeah!" Kate eagerly agreed.

"Kate, did you know you are more beautiful than this butterfly?" I asked. "You and Cora are much more beautiful. God shows me His love of beauty in you and Cora every day."

Do you see the beauty of God in your children? He made them for you to love and enjoy and to show you that He is a God of beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment