Friday, June 17, 2011

Menu Plan for the Week of June 19th

This past week has been a blur to say the least. I have had a horrible cold with a fever. Today, I have felt much better, and food actually sounds pretty good again.

We are going out of town this weekend so I wanted to post next week's menu plan to get you thinking about what you will be preparing for your family this next week.


I am going to try out some new recipes that I hope will be new favorites for our family. I'll let you know how they turn out!

We're also going to be eating from our reserves this next week because my freezer needs a good cleaning out. Hopefully, we can save some money at the grocery store this week, too! :)

Sunday: Out-o'-town (no cookin' for Mama) :)

Monday: {Belated Father's Day dinner for Daniel} Black Angus New York Strips with Mesa Steak Sauce and Tomato-Red Onion Salad with mashed potatoes and chocolate pudding pie for dessert (This is a Bobby Flay recipe so it's bound to be good. I will be modifying the salad to use what we have on hand.)

Tuesday: French Chicken in a Pot (a modification of Rachael Ray's recipe) on rice served with green beans and rolls

Meatless Wednesday: White beans & Cornbread

Thursday: Fish & Chips with Hush-puppies and Coleslaw

Friday: Pizza Night! (If there is any leftover chicken, we'll have buffalo chicken pizza, Daniel's specialty.)

Saturday: Leftovers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am also in a desperate search for quick, easy, and healthy lunch ideas for my kids and me. It seems I've gotten stuck in a rut lately, and we keep eating the same things over and over.

Here are a few recipes I found that I plan to try for lunch this week:

BBQ Chicken Sandwich (using leftover roasted chicken)

Pizza Roll-up (looks really easy and my daughter loves pizza)

White bean hummus with carrots and pita bread (using leftover white beans)

In addition, we may also have the following:
Steak & Cheese quesadillas (using leftover NY strip)
Peanut butter & jelly sandwiches
Cheesy bean burritos

What are some of your quick and healthy lunch ideas? Please share!

2 comments:

  1. How about a "Dunkin' Luncheon"? You could have a few different finger foods that you dip like chicken nuggets with honey mustard(or whatever you like), veggies w/ ranch dip, apples w/ caramel sauce, fish sticks w/ tartar sauce, shrimp w/ cocktail sauce, chips and salsa, egg rolls w/ mustard sauce, diced bread/fruits w/ melted cheese (like fondue)...can't think of others right now but I know there are more! Anyhoo, thought it might be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds fantastic and my two year old will love it! I am definitely going to try this out! Thanks for the smart idea!

    ReplyDelete