Saturday, June 11, 2011

Menu Plan for the Week of June 12th

This week I'll be cooking from the freezer to clean it out. After I did my freezer inventory a few weeks ago, I discovered there was a lot of food in there that needs to be eaten soon. Plus, with the hot hot weather here, I will be preparing some fresh, cool foods like salads and salsa.

Kroger has strawberries on sale this coming week for $1.50 per pound. That is a stock up price for me, so I'll be buying a few pounds to freeze and to make another batch of strawberry jam. Yum!

Here is our menu plan for this week:


Sunday: Cheeseburgers with sweet potato fries

Monday: Spaghetti with meat sauce on whole wheat penne, salad, and rolls

Tuesday: Blackened salmon on brown rice with Strawberry Spinach Salad with Poppy-seed Dressing

Wednesday: Seven-Layer Tortilla Pie with fresh salsa and guacamole

Thursday: Breakfast for Supper- Sausage links, clean-out-the-fridge omelet, cheese grits, biscuits, and homemade strawberry jam

Friday: Pizza Night!

Saturday: We're going to Chattanooga to celebrate my dad's birthday and Father's Day.

What's on your menu this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment