Saturday, May 14, 2011

Menu Plan for the Week of May 15th



Here's our menu plan for this week. I have to say that I usually veer off a little from our menu plan, but last week we ate exactly what I had listed. Having the weekly menu plan is a LIFESAVER because I don't have to worry about what to fix at 4:00, AND if I don't feel like what we're scheduled to have, I can always switch it out for something else. Plus, when we have a really hectic week, like this past week, it's a huge burden off of me to know that my meals are already planned out. No thinking, no scrounging around looking for a recipe, no worries.

Also, I'm venturing out this next week and trying some new recipes to hopefully add to our repertoire. And I will post my recipe for making yogurt that I "stole" from Kelly at Faithful Provisions. Have a great week!

Breakfast

Oats with blackberries

Cereal

Fried eggs and fruit

Cinnamon toast on sourdough

Yogurt and granola with berries (I'm going to make some yogurt this week because I am constantly running to the store for more!)

Lunch

Turkey & cheese on crackers

Tuna sandwiches

Black bean burritos

Leftovers

Chili (freezer)

Spaghetti (freezer)

Dinner

Sunday: Church picnic (take baked beans, sourdough bread, & spinach-artichoke dip)

Monday: Chicken thigh piccata on linguine with salad and homemade sourdough bread

Tuesday: Garlic shrimp and grits with broccoli

Wednesday: White beans, kale, and cornbread

Thursday: The Pioneer Woman’s Comfort Meatballs with Sauce, mashed potatoes and corn-on-the-cob

Friday: Pizza Night!

Saturday: Flank steak fajitas

Snacks/Desserts

Oat and Currant Scones

Granola and yogurt

Cheese and crackers

Fruit

What are you eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment