Saturday, May 21, 2011

Menu Plan for the Week of May 22nd

Last week we tried some new recipes just to shake things up a bit. The Chicken Thigh Piccata was NOT a keeper. I know it's an economical cut, but I'm just not a huge fan of the thigh.

But the Pioneer Woman's Comfort Meatballs were awesome, and I will DEFINITELY make them again. Today for lunch I made Daniel a meatball sub with some of the leftovers, and it was pretty delicious! I will say that they are time-consuming to make, but the recipe made roughly 20-25 meatballs, half of which I froze for future meals. If you have the Pioneer Woman's first cookbook, I highly recommend this recipe.

This week I will continue to try out some new recipes that I found online, including Ina Gartin's Smoked Salmon Spread, Spinach Enchiladas, and a homemade Blue Cheese Dressing. I'll post the recipes if they are note-worthy.

Sunday: Chicken & Dressing (from the freezer), Mashed Potatoes (leftover from Thursday supper), Green Beans, and Fruit

Monday: Fish tacos with fresh black bean salsa and Spanish Rice

Tuesday: Salad with Buttercrunch Lettuce (from our garden!!) and other veggies with homemade Blue Cheese Dressing served with Smoked Salmon Spread with toasted sourdough bread

Wednesday: Pinto Beans & Cornbread (Ye Olde Faithful)

Thursday: Spinach Enchiladas with Refried Beans

Friday: Pizza Night!

Saturday: Leftovers

What are you eating this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment