Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 10: Sparkly {or Silly} Sunglasses






Last week when we were at the Dollar Tree, Kate spied these really cute kid's glasses, so she and her sister picked out a pair. For $1, I couldn't say no.

I guess I've been reading too much Fancy Nancy lately because I had this brilliant idea to spruce them up with some bling. I also pulled out some googly-eyes.

Our fun sunglasses

This is the easiest craft imaginable. Grab your glasses, some good quality craft glue {I used Elmer's Craft Bond Precision Tip Glue}, and your desired frillies and glue away.

 Cora's "I Can See You" Shades


Kate's "Bling-Bling" Spectacles

Unfortunately, the sun started melting the glue {and us}, so we hurried inside and Mama didn't have a chance to decorate her sunglasses. Oh, darn! :)

Here are the girls in their shades. Cora did not want to wear hers for some reason but insisted that baby Annabeth wear them. Neither were too thrilled.

 However, Kate couldn't resist posing in hers like a Foster Grant model.


















A fun activity for the summer!  Hope you have had fun with your kids today!

Blessings to you!



Keri
 
For comments or questions, contact me at: growinginhisglory@gmail.com

Find Growing in His Glory on Facebook.

I would love to see more of you!  If you are encouraged by what you read here and would like to have posts from Growing in His Glory delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here.  Or you can subscribe in a reader of your choice in the right sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment