Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Day 4- Fourth of July Fun in the Sun



If you are just joining us, we are on Day 4 of the "31 Days of Play" challenge.

On this very hot Fourth of July, we had a fun afternoon playing in the backyard kiddie pool, and, yes, even Mama joined in on the fun. While there are no photos to prove that I participated, I believe you would be grateful that I spared you the sight. However, we splashed in the water and hosed each other down while Daddy watched from the safety of the lawn chair holding a sleeping Annabeth.

I think the girls were pleasantly surprised that Mommy was getting soaking wet too. And I must admit that the play was cathartic for me. It had been a rough morning with early risers, swarms of ants, very high temperatures, and burnt ice cream, and I really needed to let off some steam in more ways than one!

Kate, the priss, and little sister Cora, the clown
                                                           
What a stinker!

But look at that sweet face... Irresistible!

After our wild rumpus with the water hose, we enjoyed hot dogs, fresh corn-on-the-cob, baked beans, fries, and, yes, homemade Oreo ice cream. What a wonderful day of play!

Did you play with your kids today?

Blessings to you,

Keri



For comments or questions, contact me at: growinginhisglory@gmail.com

Find Growing in His Glory on Facebook.

I would love to see more of you!  If you are encouraged by what you read here and would like to have posts from Growing in His Glory delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here.  Or you can subscribe in a reader of your choice in the right sidebar.

No comments:

Post a Comment