Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Days 22-24: Blocks, Frogs, & Bubble Paints



We are on Day 24 of the "31 Days of Play" challenge. If you are just joining us, my aim is to spend quality play time with my kids every day. Some days we simply play with the children's toys while other days I have a craft or outdoor activity to do together.

Cora and I had some fun playing with blocks while Kate was visiting with her grandparents. We built tall TALL towers and then knocked them down over and over again. Cora has a knack for putting things together and taking them apart, so we spent a fair amount of time building together.


 Our little engineer

Kate brought home a really fun game that a dear friend gave her. You might remember this game although I can't think of the name of it. Basically, you push down on the frog's back and it hops. The objective is to jump all your frogs into the bowl. It's a great game to help preschoolers work on fine motor skills. Cora was a little too young to play this one, but she did like to sort them by color.
 

We also did a fun craft that I found online: bubble paints. Super simple but not really a craft for little ones. Kate (3 1/2) lost interest fairly quickly, and Cora (21 months) couldn't blow bubbles very well. Instead, she ended up with Dracula-like lips. I think this would be a good art project for slightly older kids though.

What You'll Need:
  • Bubble solution
  • Dish detergent (to make it more bubbly)
  • Food coloring 
  • Bowls
  • Watercolor paper or card stock
  




What You Do:
  1. Pour bubble solution and dish soap into bowls. 
  2. Add food coloring & stir together.
  3. Using bubble wands, blow colored bubbles onto paper. {I taped paper down to keep it from moving.}


 Yes, she's in her diaper. But be careful because food coloring may dye your clothes.

Our Bubble Paint Masterpieces




I will definitely keep this project in my arsenal of "Crafts to Do Again" because I think they turned out pretty neat.

What are your favorite crafts to do with toddlers and preschoolers?

Blessings to you,


Keri
 
For comments or questions, contact me at: growinginhisglory@gmail.com

Find Growing in His Glory on Facebook.

I would love to see more of you!  If you are encouraged by what you read here and would like to have posts from Growing in His Glory delivered to your inbox daily, simply click here.  Or you can subscribe in a reader of your choice in the right sidebar.
 

This post may be linked to:


 

2 comments:

  1. Bubble painting looks like a lot of fun. I will have to try that with my son once he learns to actually blow bubbles. He loves popping them, but hasn't figured out how to blow into the wand yet.

    www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wanting to do bubble paint for a while now - can't wait to try it! We did the sidewalk paint a couple days ago - it was a ton of fun!

    Marissa @ forfunreadinglist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete